Can You Add to My List of Proverbs?
I created a list for my fictional Caribbean island.
1. Do not watch a fire, put it out.
2. Better to talk with your hands than your mouth.
3. A girl cannot stay seventeen forever.
4. Hardships may break your back, but let it not your spirit.
5. A bloodberry a day keeps the sickness under the waves.
6. Hunger in the mind is better than in the stomach.
7. Church is not just for looking at hats.
8. Think of at least two ways to say the same things before parting your lips.
9. A dog does not even belong in the street.
10. The best rings are not kept on the hand.
11. Danger lies in the hands of those who don’t need it.
12. May each day bring you closer to eternity.
13. Be in the room, but above the shoulders.
14. Blink before you decree love at first sight.
15. A woman’s opinion of herself means nothing when the world disagrees.
16. Every head contains a separate world.
17. Respect is earned through superiors not equals.
18. A drunkard and a wise man drinking are the same until morning.
19. A single woman should not be allowed to meet your husband unless she is toad.
20. There are performers and criticizers; one cannot be both.